There are many conferences related to educational and learning technologies offered both locally and internationally. Through the MET Conference Travel Grant Program we hope to encourage our students to present their work at conferences and symposiums related to their field of study in the MET program.
Below is a very short list of conferences and organizations that we are familiar with, and we will add to this list as appropriate. These may be of interest for you to attend as a participant or as a presenter, and we encourage students to seek out additional conferences around the world.
If you have any conferences you’d like to see added below, please forward to Dave Roy.
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) – E-Learn World Conferences on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare & Higher Education
- Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (formerly CADE and AMTEC)
- The Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE)
- Clute Institute for Academic Research – sponsoring concurrent conferences targeting Education & Administrative issues (Teaching & Learning Conferences), several times per year
- CUEBC – Computer-Using Educators of BC
- ED-Media – World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (sponsored by the AACE – Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education)
- eLearn – World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education (sponsored by the AACE – Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education)
- International Conference on e-Learning (ICEL)
- Investigating our Practices – UBC/BC Teachers’ Federation conference held annually at UBC
- Sloan-C (Sloan Consortium)
- TechEd – The Community College Foundation
- Virtual School Society (formerly BCEd Online)
- WISE – World Innovation Summit for Education – a three-day forum held every two years in Doha, Qatar.