The MET is a fully online graduate program that explores the potential use and impact of Learning Technologies in a variety of contexts. Both the master’s degree and the graduate-level certificate programs provide relevant content and learning environments for K-12 Teachers, Post-Secondary Educators, Adult Educators and Industry/Corporate Trainers.
If this is your career path, you will gain:
- considerable knowledge of teaching approaches and modern learning theories, with a particular focus on how different technologies and media influence presentation, interaction and assessment issues; and
- experience in design approaches that assist in the development of pedagogically sound and effective course materials, with a consideration of face-to-face, online or mixed-modes of delivery, as well as techniques relating to effective moderation, facilitation and assessment.
Courses of Interest:
- ETEC 532 – Technology in the Arts and Humanities Classroom
- ETEC 533 – Technology in the Mathematics and Science Classroom
- ETEC 500 – Research Methodology in Education
- ETEC 512 – Applications of Learning Theories to Instruction
- ETEC 530 – Constructivist Strategies for e-Learning
- ETEC 531 – Curriculum Issues in Cultural & Media Studies
- ETEC 540 – Text Technologies: The Changing Spaces of Reading and Writing
- ETEC 565A – Learning Technologies: Selection, Design and Application