We recomend that MET students review and become familiar with the regulations around plagiarism, as well as the resources that are available. UBC subscribes to TurnItIn where students can upload the text of their paper to be scanned, or electronically submit papers to instructors.
- UBC Regulation on Plagiarism
- Academic Integrity Resource Centre – includes research tips to avoid plagiarism; interactive tutorials; FAQs, etc.
- TurnItIn@UBC – an internet-based plagiarism-detection service that scans papers, available for students and faculty.
- TurnItIn Guidelines for UBC Students
- UBC Writing Centre Resources – an extensive list of useful websites, both UBC and external