The following requirements apply to all candidates applying to the Master of Educational Technology program, or the Graduate Certificate programs.
Special admission may be considered for candidates without these credentials who may have professional or other experience equivalent of academic admissions criteria. These candidates are encouraged to emphasize their relevant experience and potential for academic excellence in the Statement of Intent included with their application.
Applicants with Canadian or US Credentials
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a UBC-recognized university (A master’s degree is also an acceptable admissions credential, even if the preceding bachelor’s degree does not meet the four-year requirement)
- B+ average (76% at UBC) in third and fourth year-level course-work
Applicants with International Credentials
Please check the UBC Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website for admissions credentials by country.
All applicants must:
- pay a non-refundable application fee
- be able to speak, write and read in English
- have access to a computer and reliable Internet connectivity
- have basic computer and Internet literacy
Applicants are not required to have worked in education, although professional experience in an educational area may strengthen your application.