Our fully online graduate program offers three internationally-recognized credentials that explore potential uses and impacts of learning technologies in a variety of contexts.
Our graduates follow a broad range of career paths in education and digital learning technologies. The skills and knowledge you acquire in our program prepare you for positions in which you will be actively employing digital technologies in teaching and learning, for leadership roles in which you will be managing or implementing digital learning solutions, or for design and development of new digital media and learning tools.
May 2019 Intake Deadline: February 15
Master of Educational
The Master of Educational Technology degree program offers a comprehensive curriculum exploring pedagogical, implementation and development topics relevant to learning technologies and eLearning.
Graduate Certificates in
Our graduate certificates allow you to undertake study in this field without committing to a full Master’s degree, selecting from the same range of courses offered to those in the full MET degree program.
Key Areas of Focus
- Teaching with technology as informed by contemporary learning theory, with emphasis on presentation, interaction and assessment.
- Design and development of pedagogically effective learning materials for face-to-face, online or blended delivery.
- Issues affecting successful planning, development and delivery of eLearning.
- Leadership capacities for planning and managing learning technologies and managing organizational change.
- Administrative, technological and cultural implications of learning technologies, with specific attention to strategic planning, organizational models, budgeting, development approaches and organizational culture.
- Analysis of learning contexts to identify technology-related design challenges.
- Exploration of research literature on design issues that impacts teaching and learning using technology.
- Practical experience using new technologies to develop instructional materials.